Today I faced I pretty weird issue, having no internet connection since last night.
Chrome is telling me that the DNS lookup fails, and since I know, here in UAE, problems with DU DNSes are pretty frequent, I thought I just needed to use different DNS servers.
Unfortunately, openDNS wasnt solving my
issues, and when I tried with the infamous
Google Public DNS (
without any good feedback, I thought it could be
something out of my jurisdiction :)
Pissed off, I tried to ping the DNS servers manually:
1 2 3 4
So now things are interesting: the
No buffer space available
tells me that there is something seriously
weird going on today – never seen before.
With a quick search I’m able to fix the problem: seems that I need to shutdown the interface itself.
First, I needed to retrieve the interface used:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
then it’s a simple matter of:
DNS working as expected and the connection is back.